Monday, August 13, 2012

Book Recommendation!

A Murder Is Announced- by Agatha Christie
From agathachristie.com

‘A murder is announced and will take place on Friday October 29th, at Little Paddocks, at 6.30 pm.’ So appears the invitation in the Chipping Cleghorn Gazette. How exciting! The villagers expect a game. A crowd gathers. The murderer is chosen. The victim falls. Then the lights go out...

It’s suddenly no longer a game when a body is discovered. How could this happen? Where did the game go wrong? Fortunately Miss Marple is on hand – the greatest player of them all!

Okay, I don't LOVE the Miss Marple books.
I don't know why. It's not like I have a thing against her WHILE I'm reading, but I just like the IDEA of Hercule Poirot better. Though, 4:50 from Paddington is a great read...

This book changes matters for me, though. The structure of the mystery is very similar to my favorite Christie book, And Then There Were None. (Also published as Ten Little Indians.)

Perhaps it is this reason why I like this book. Sudden turns and unexplainable circumstances.... hey, I even gasped a few times. Multiple murders... It all is very intriguing.

Though the multiple characters and crossing stories make it a little confusing at first, once you get well into the book, it is hard to put down.

If you enjoy Agatha Christie's books, and like the idea of a gripping mystery, try reading A Murder Is Announced. I'd recommend it to any mystery fan.

Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment