Sunday, September 9, 2012

CROSS COUNTRY INVITE+ sLeEpoVEr!



Yay! Lydia came over for a sleepover after Sarah and I had a XC meet on Saturday!

The course for the meet was really hard... this year and last year. :P We went around Civic twice and the entire length was only 2 miles, but still, it was pretty hard. And there were around 1000 total runners there from 30-ish schools!

Sarah and I were running together for about the first mile, but then a hundred meters in or so, I wasn't able to take in full breaths! I got really tired, and a ton of people passed me, and I made these terrible noises while I ran that I just couldn't stop making. It was not fun.

But then, right at the end, I was on the home stretch, still pluggin' along, when all of a sudden, I realize there's a girl right behind me! I told myself to make sure that she didn't pass me, but she was soon right next to me!!!! I then put on my really mean running face and whooooooosh.... I pulled ahead. :)

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Even though the run was hard and I didn't do as well as I wanted, it was still fun to be there, and Sehome Girl's got 2nd place! Boys got 1st, and combined, Sehome won the whole invite! :D Yay!

At dinner-ish time, Lydia came over and we made these awesome tie-dye shirts! We all weren't sure how they were going to turn out, since we were going to try doing them in a spiral, but it worked out really well and they all look SO COOL!
http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/Photo09091042_1.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=51960&part=2
Top: Lydia, Hannah Bottom, Sarah
 Lydia came to church with us and then we went to Harris Avenue Cafe and ate lunch. :) It was good!
The first weekend of the school year was a good one. :)
-hANDs

No comments:

Post a Comment