Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Quite possibly the best run of my life."

...was my status on Facebook today.

And I mean, 
it was awesome.


The pace was at a conversation pace; it felt relaxed, but like a good workout.
I felt like I could conquer every hill, and keep going.
I was never too cold or never too warm.
A perfectly distributed path of mud, gravel, rock, and dirt.

We went up Chuckanut Mountain. 
I usually struggle up here because the hills are so long and steep.
But today, today was so wonderfully perfect.  

We went with a group of 7, but two of them turned around about half way. 
I just kept wanting to go forever!
When we reached the point where we turned around, someone asked, "How do your legs feel?"

My response was, "I really don't know how my legs feel, because my heart is so happy!"

And it was!!

I just kept wanting to run and run. I had that will to run, that desire.

We ran 8 miles today.


When we got back to the school, our coach asked how it felt. 
We had run for 30 minutes longer than he told us to; we ran for 1 hour, 30 minutes. 
That's a long time!

I quickly and eagerly said, "Oh, it was so wonderful! Out of a ten, I'd give it an eleven!!!"

-Sarah

4 comments:

  1. 8 miles, and hills too. That takes some grit. Fist bumps to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3. I LOVE that y'all had such a good run. I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!! That's super awesome! I love that feeling when you're running and then it's like "Yes!! I could run FOREVER!!" :D

    ReplyDelete