Saturday, March 17, 2012

Track meet!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME TRACK MEET YESTERDAY!
We were planning on running the 1600m and the 4x4, but our coach signed us up for the 800m, too, so we planned on running that but not really racing.

The 1600 was really fun. Usually, for most people, the 3rd lap is the hardest. For me, it was the 4th lap... I didn't really push as hard as I have before on the 800, which I did in middle school. But it was fun, and I'm glad I did it. My mile time was 6:29.97!!!!! Hannah's was 6:32.44, which is her PR.

Next event was the 800, which Hannah and I decided not to really race, but our coach said it would be cool if we could break 3 minutes. He didn't really expect us to though, since we had just run the mile about 45 minutes before. But my time was 2:59.33, which I am happy about. Hannah's time was 2:59.32! THAT'S CRAZY CLOSE TOGETHER!

Our 4x4 was super super fun! Our friend Sarah was running the first lap, and then she passed to me. The hand off was really good. We all knew our team was the slowest, and we didn't care, but we did really well in the end. I passed off to Hannah, and then she passed off to Lauren, and then she ran the last leg really fast! We ended up somewhat close to the team in front of us, who at one time, was really far ahead. It was so much fun because it all WAS just for fun!.... like, it didn't matter about time or placement, it was all just-- for-- fun! It was awesome. Unfortunately, it's the very last event, so we were there pretty late, but I think it's a really fun one to watch and to compete in.

Well, I am ready to welcome in the new track season!

No comments:

Post a Comment